NEW! LIVE, REMOTE SHADOWING HOURS
Candidates for BOC’s Certified Mastectomy Fitter CMF certification now have the opportunity to accumulate many of the 120 hours* of patient care, in a remote environment, under the supervision of an appropriately qualified professional.
In response to the inability to accrue hours due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and for those of you who do not have access to a location, these sessions offer candidates for CMF certification the opportunity to view virtual, remote fittings.
WHAT will be offered?
- Mastectomy fitting sessions
- Upper extremity fitting sessions
- Product and policy sessions
WHAT DO I NEED TO RECEIVE LIVE, VIRTUAL SHADOWING HOURS?
- A quiet, secluded space free from disruption
- A laptop or desktop computer with a working webcam and microphone
- The time required to watch actual fittings
- Verification that your device meets system requirements
HOW DO I JOIN THE VIRTUAL SHADOWING SESSIONS?
- Register on-line here.
- Pay the $200 non-refundable registration fee.
- Email documentation of successful completion (within the last five years) of an entry-level education course through a fitter school or education provider, or proof of experience in the field of mastectomy fitting to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Session dates and times will be determined by our patients’ schedules and permissions. You will receive an email notification when sessions are scheduled.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com
*A candidate will have a minimum of 120 hours (three weeks of full-time work) of documented patient care under the supervision of an appropriately qualified professional (another mastectomy fitter or a professional with the mastectomy fitter scope within his/her own scope of practice). Documentation should be maintained and kept readily available for auditing purposes.